Friday, November 2, 2007

When You're a Moose You're a Moose All the Way

The moose excitement just hasn't let up! Yesterday evening, Soren and I were witness to a full-on moose turf war on our street. It was totally SWEET. The family of three (I will call them the Sharks) were chasing a lone male (I will call him Mr. Jet) through the neighborhood. Mr. Shark actually knocked Mr. Jet down at one point, and then Mr. and Mrs. Shark took off down the road after him. Baby Shark was trailing behind, looking a little confused. Maybe someday he will broker a peace between the two moose gangs. I believe that calves are our future.

The Sharks must have found some nicer grazing grounds this morning, because I got a video of Mr. Jet (I think) chilling on our neighbor's lawn. There was a moose sleeping on their lawn last night, too. I guess their place is the moose community center.



2 comments:

scatterlined said...

ROTFL.
Here I am watching the German equivalent of "America's Got Talent" and one of the favorites is singing Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love All".
And then I read "I believe that calves are our future.".

Claudia Golden said...

note the "skeletal man" hanging infront of said moose...no doubt taunting him..."I will taunt you again!!!" the moose is distracted by cud...kud??? skeletal man taunting to no avail....is moose chewing on shrubbery?