Sunday, November 25, 2007

Best. Names. Ever.

Some of you know that I have a running list of the Best Names Ever. There are plenty of names that are funny or stupid (a lawyer named John Lawyer; an L.A. Kings fan's daughter named Silver Ann Black; any of the names on the Best Utah Baby Names list; &c), but only a select few truly awesome names make it on my list. I am very discriminating. I don't know if I can remember all of them right now (they're written on some Post-It Notes back in Rhode Island), but here are some of them:

Eddie Fightmaster
Dick Stretch (Chris's 7th grade gym teacher)
Rich Person
Vance Studley
Manchu Poon
Lockhart Steele

Today, dear friends, was a very special day; another name was added to the list. I just opened up the mailbox, and there it was:



It's a thing of beauty.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

how about richard harry long... a friend's dad.