Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Sure Sign of the End Times

...or else the Percocet is affecting my brain. In either case, I actually thought today's Cathy was kind of funny. (Make sure you look at the 11/30/08 strip, because I'm guessing the strips on subsequent dates might not be, you know, funny)

They tell me I'll be able to go home tomorrow! It's a little intimidating, since I haven't been doing anything but sitting and taking pills for so long, but I think I'll be able to ease back into a normal routine pretty soon. It'll be nice to spend an entire consecutive 24-hour period with my daughter (yes, even the middle-of-the-night parts). Also, I'm really missing Soren, and I hear he misses me, too. Chris has been amazing through all this, and we're so thankful to have had help from Erica (who was finally released from duty on Friday), and now my mom, who flew out on Friday night.

Well, I suppose I should rest while I can... it's almost time to start doing all the things mothers of two have to do.

4 comments:

Renee K said...

Let me know when you are up for a visit! We'd love to come so the boys can play. So glad you are coming home!

Chris said...

Why were you reading Cathy? I'm sorry you're so searingly bored.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you'll be home soon! I'll be over tomorrow with some homemade soup and biscuits : )

Anonymous said...

That Percoset is some strong stuff! Have you tried other normally not-funny cartoons, and what was the effect? I see a research project here ... with access to lots of controlled substances! Bwa ha ha! But seriously, I really want you to get BETTER -- not so that you can be Wonder Mom, but so that you can be done with the damn hospital once and for all. I love you! Why am I so far awaaaaaay?