Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've Been Diffenfranchised

Good news: The Deuce and I are still doing OK (The Deuce, I daresay, is doing better).

Bad news: we're stuck here in the hospital at least until Thursday, maybe longer. Ugh.

Other bad news, but which turned out OK in the end anyway: They wouldn't let me out to vote. Luckily, RI is so blue that it really wasn't likely to matter, but If I lived in a swing state, I think I would have had to bust out of here and do my civic duty. I might get dressed first, though.

So, yeah, I'm still here. Whatever. Chris' mom finally gets her chance to shine, and will be flying out tomorrow afternoon to help out with Soren, which is certainly a huge help to all of us. Thanks, Grammy!

I'll write more tomorrow... Sitting with the laptop isn't all that comfortable after a while, especially with four Facebook Scrabble games to deal with.

3 comments:

MG said...

They really should allow for emergency voting for anyone in the hospital unexpectedly on election day!

Sorry to hear you're back in. Hope they keep the crackers coming!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you're still stuck there. I hope it doesn't go beyond Thursday. Ugh.

EricaRuch said...

I'm actually extremely bothered by the fact the hospitalized aren't allowed to vote! I feel a movement coming on here....