Friday, March 6, 2009

This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

See, this is what happens when I try to take advantage of a teachable moment when Soren expresses an interest in both measuring things and going outside. I hand him my good straightedge and tell him we're going to measure how deep the snow is, and let him outside while I'm putting my boots on, and then when I come outside he asks me where the ruler is, and I ask HIM where the ruler is, and it turns out he's dropped it into the crawl space under the deck, and I'm not going under there because there are dead spiders, and so my good straightedge is gone FOREVER. And I have to buy a new one. That's it! No more learning.

Note: Comments pointing out that I shouldn't have given a toddler my good straightedge will be deleted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always send Chris down to get it.

Brian said...

Send Soren in there, while teaching him about dead spiders and how not to lose things. What's the worst that can happen? (Wait, you may want to seriously answer that.)

Meghan said...

Oh, come on, they're DEAD.

Just cram something Chris needs down there too and then shrug and blame it on Soren.