Friday, July 11, 2008

Everyone Enjoys our Yard

What's cooler than an owl in the backyard?

THREE owls in the backyard. All sitting on a branch fifteen feet away, glaring at me.

This sighting was followed (the same night and over the next few days) by glimpses of a skunk, a baby bunny, and this fine fellow:





We've decided that the owls aren't hunting mice in the grass -- they're hunting voles. For some reason, this makes me feel better. Maybe because voles won't try to come into my house and eat my cereal.

Until our yard is declared a wildlife refuge and becomes off-limits to recreational activities, we're having as much fun out there as we can. Gramma and Kelly Ann are here for a visit, and we've all been having a blast together! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Gramma teaching Soren how to do somersaults, but here are some other nice shots:






Finally, a moment of triumph: my BEST SCRABBLE WORD EVER.



The glory is tarnished very slightly by the fact that I had to tell Mom to pick another play when she wrecked my spot. But when "QUIXOTI" shows up on your tray, and there's a shining C sitting out there, waiting to be used, you do what you have to do.

No comments: