Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fattening Up Nicely

Sigrid, that is. I'm not sure about the other members of the family. She weighs 8 pounds! She's only in the 20th (I think) percentile for weight, which is weird after having a 90th percentile baby the first time around.

Soren is a great big brother -- he's actually actively nice to Sigrid, which is more than I dared hope for. When she cries, he says "It's okay, Sigrid! There's nothing to cry about." If she cries a lot, he starts saying "NO, Sigrid," which isn't as sweet, but we can only expect so much from him. He's also really into helping -- when I ask him if he'll do me a big favor by throwing a diaper away, he says, "Oh! Yes, yes!" and hops right to it. That's just the kind of attitude I like in my child laborers.

Chris is happy to report that he's getting over the cold from hell. I am sad to report that the cold has been passed on to me. Sigrid has it too, but she doesn't have sinuses, so she gets no sympathy from me. She's mainly just more snorty than usual... and her baseline snortiness is pretty high, so there's some major snorting going on around here. Schnerk.

4 comments:

Christi said...

Oh no! We've been staying away to avoid giving you the cold from hell (I'm on week 3!), but you went and got it anyhow. If we'd known you were going to do that, we would have come down to meet Sigrid already. :)

Brian said...

I think I picked it up this weekend! It's obviously a very popular thing to have. It was that or freeze to death in the dark at home, so I guess I'll take the cold. :-)

EricaRuch said...

I hope you realize that these days, "cold's from hell" have become capable of being transmitted virtually (I caught strep throat that way once from a client who lived in DC)....thanks, Kirsten. Thanks a lot for spreading your virtual germs everywhere! Now I have to go clean my keyboard.

Claudia Golden said...

Cold Smold...I am enthralled by Soren's Big Brotherlyness.....I remember how excited he was to help me with her while you were in that Place Which will not be Named.
Has he held her? or rather, do you have any pix of him holding her?