Friday, December 19, 2008

Conversations with Soren

It seems like Soren has become a Really Big Boy all of a sudden, at least conversationally. He's been talking really well for a long time now, but I find myself wondering at the complexity, or at least the eloquence, of his statements lately.

We're enjoying a snowy day at home, so I lit a fire and turned on the Christmas music. I was puttering around a little, and Soren said, "Mommy, can you come in the living room?" So I poked my head in, and he was lying on the couch, looking pretty content. "Will you sleep on the couch with me, Mommy? There's room over there to be comfortable for you. You can put your head on that pillow and I will put my head on this pillow. And then we can look at the fire. It's nice to sit and look at the fire to make it warm and comfortable for us."

Well, then. Hard to say not to that.

So we lay on the couch together for a little while, and although he'd mentioned sleeping and asked me to close my eyes, we seem to have moved on from that plan to a different plan wherein he takes balls of yarn out of my knitting bag and pulls them all over the house to make an enormous tangle. Hey, at least it isn't the yarn I'm using at the moment. Maybe untangling everything can be our family activity for the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they become independent wonderful little pains in the neck?