Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They're Watching

Apparently, all those "paranoid" "delusions" I've been having -- you know, the ones where I'm being secretly photographed while going about my daily activities -- aren't completely unfounded! I knew it!

Alaskanmama sent me a message last night entitled "You're a Google STAR!" And inside were these three screenshots:






Soren and I have been immortalized (in internet terms) on Google Maps Street View!!!!!!!! Freaking sweet! Apparently I was zoning out on that particular walk, and missed the car driving by with the big 360-degree camera mounted on top. I was probably looking at a really fascinating pile of moose poop at the time.

It's so exciting to be in Street View! Even if it is some random corner of Anchorage that no one will ever look at (except Alaskanmama, apparently). You can see the pictures by going to maps.google.com and typing in "1786 Scenic Way, Anchorage, AK", then clicking on the Street View link, and then rotating the view counterclockwise a couple times. And then, assuming I know you as well as I think I do, you will type in your own address and look for yourself.

5 comments:

Remotely Mars said...

I love that while you are looking in completely the opposite direction of the camera, Soren appears to be looking right at it. He's right there with it, even if he couldn't give you an accurate description of the vehicle later on.

Anonymous said...

Soren probably had some sort of sense of impending doom. Toddlers are like that.

I just now have a reminder of what it was like to have you as a neighbor. and I'll probably have it for years to come since I don't imagine they'll be updating the same streets on a regular basis. You'll be old and hunched over before they update it. lol.

EricaRuch said...

Totally the raddest thing ever seen in my entire life - I'm now going to endlessly walk up and down my street with the dogs in hopes I can achieve stardom as well!

Claudia Golden said...

What a trip!!!!and yes, I did check...no drive by's here...

Alan said...

That is cool. And, there probably isn't any reason for you to be concerned ... although the pics do bear a very strange resemblance to FBI Surveillance file photos.