Monday, January 21, 2008

Zhiboo Bauws

Stupid people make me mad, so I should really never drive, but I'm occasionally forced to. I know that every region of the country, except possibly the midwest, claims to have the worst drivers in the nation, but the northeast really does have the worst drivers. Is the line of cars at the stop light too long? Just pull up along the right-hand side and zoom to the front when the light turns green! Need to make a left turn? Just go! Don't worry about the oncoming traffic! Traffic jam on the freeway? That's what the shoulder is for! Etc.

Slightly less dangerous, I suppose, but no less annoying, are the psychos on the highway who ride my bumper in the middle lane, waiting for the slow lane to clear out so they can pass me on the right. Meanwhile, the left lane is completely deserted. This is in accordance with the apparently widespread belief that you can drive as fast as you want on the highway, but as long as you never go into the leftmost lane, you will never be pulled over. Why would cops look in the slow lane for speeders? Only SLOW people drive there! It's the perfect hiding spot!

So, anyway, there are lots of things that raise my blood pressure when I'm driving, but it's a lot easier to deal with all of it when there's a sweet little boy in the back seat, chattering away to himself about all the things he'd done earlier in the day and singing little songs. Last night, I could hear him back there saying "Margot. House. Baby. Toys. Truck. Baby truck. Train. Thomas." And then he started saying this, over and over:

Zhiboo Bauws
Zhiboo Bauws
Zhiboo Bauws
Zhiboo Bauws
Zhiboo Bauws
Awww-wayyyy


He was singing Jingle Bells. He is so freaking cute! I can't stand it!

1 comment:

Megh said...

Baby songs are awesome. That is so precious.