Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Blog Title

OK, since we're not in Anchorage any more, as Erica pointed out, I need to come up with a new blog title, and I can't think of anything good besides Janitor Rivalry, which is my answer to every naming dilemma. Janitor Rivalry is technically already a blog, with its own domain and everything, which I undertook as a joint venture with my old pal Brian and only posted in once. And then neither of us wrote in it any more after 9/10/2001, so it looks like we tragically perished or something. Anyway, the upshot is that I can't think of a new name for this blog, and I want to use something more clever than "The Andersons' East Greenwich Adventure Extravaganza". So don't propose that.

Old deceptive blog name notwithstanding, we all had a wonderful Christmas! Grammy, Grampy, Aunt Rachel and Uncle Dude came to stay with us, and a good time was had by all. It's so nice to have a house with room for guests, even if two of them had to sleep in the same room as a printing press. We drank lots of espresso, ate lots of amazing cookies (baked by Grammy), took two days to open our presents, had beef Wellington for Christmas dinner (prepared by Chris), and went to Newport (much to the displeasure of Soren, who hated being wrested from his metric ton of new toys).



Oh, and there were martinis.



The day after Christmas, we were joined by Grandpa and Nana, who presented Soren with a Radio Flyer fire truck!




Grandpa (I prefer to call him Dad) also gave us two great pictures: one of him riding his own Radio Flyer fire truck when he was a young lad, and one of his dad (my Grandpa, obviously) and his brother in a Radio Flyer wagon in 1929!

In the interest of actually publishing this post at some point, I'll leave the rest of the tales for the next post. Happy new year!

1 comment:

Adamooo said...

Also, you may need a new title image. For gosh's sake, hasn't Soren done anything cute in E.G. yet? With a camera around?

But, I don't have any HELPFUL suggestions...