Monday, October 4, 2010

Soren's Memoirs, ibid.

Hello. I'm Soren.
Cape Cod

This morning, as I do every morning, I woke up, ran into Mommy and Daddy's room, and asked Mommy whether she had remembered to keep the TV plugged in and tuned to PBS Kids. She said yes. Then I asked whether she had put my appetizer on the kitchen table. She said yes. So I went downstairs, got my appetizer (Cheerios), turned on the TV, and wedged myself behind the couch cushions to watch cartoons. Then I remembered the rest of my morning routine, and went back upstairs to tell Mommy that when she came downstairs, she should pretend not to see me, and that she shouldn't look in the couch because there are mosquitoes. So she came down, looked around and couldn't find me, and then said mosquitoes didn't scare her and sat on the couch and smushed me (but only a little). And that's my morning routine.

I like fall because there are hay rides.

Schartner Pumpkin Express

When we go places in the car, sometimes I like to rest, but I don't want to miss anything exciting. So I tell Mommy or Daddy to let me know if they see any Mustangs, Cadillacs, BMWs, Mercedes, Mini Coopers, Lincolns, or any other classic cars. Unless the cars are brown, in which case I don't want to look at them. Then I add more and more cars to the notification list until it would have been shorter to just tell Mommy or Daddy which cars I didn't want to know about.

I also like fall because there are corn mazes.

Schartner Pumpkin Express

For Halloween, I have insisted that I want to dress as a Spooooooky convertible Corvette (said in a spooky voice). Mommy had better get cracking on that.

I am very helpful. I put the silverware away when Mommy unloads the dishwasher, and I put my own shoes on occasionally, and I love mopping (too bad Mommy only mops three times a year). I also like to help Daddy work on various home and yard improvement projects. I excel with the socket wrench.

IMG_7152

That's it for now. I'm off to run around and around and around and around for a while. Let me know if you see any Mustangs, Cadillacs, BMWs, Mercedes, Mini Coopers, Lincolns, or any other classic cars.

IMG_7048

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Wait. When did he get big? Does that mean I haven't seen you guys in years? Ahhh!

Christi said...

A kid after my own heart! I spent five minutes on the drive in to Cambridge trying to figure out what the cool car in front of me was. (Jaguar convertible, not sure what model.)

Seth Nickerson said...

I think these memoirs should be a regular series. I love your writing. I mean, uh, Soren & Sigrid's writing.