Monday, October 4, 2010

Sigrid's Memoirs, Ghostwritten by Mommy

Hi. My name is Sigrid.

IMG_7102

Right now, I'm sitting in my crib, singing and occasionally applauding myself. I may be singing Old MacDonald. It's hard to tell.

We went to the Topsfield Fair yesterday, and since I didn't get to go on any rides, I got an insanely expensive inflatable Sponge Bob. I love him very much and hugged him for about an hour in the car on the way home. Mom hopes he will be my favorite toy for about 20 years so that the amortized cost of Sponge Bob will seem reasonable.

I went out to the vegetable garden the other day, picked a Serrano pepper, and took a bite out of it. I didn't cry, but I made a very amusing face. Then I went out the next day and did it again.

I get very enthusiastic about weird things. I had a request in the early afternoon one day last week: "Take. Baf. Take. Baf." Mommy asked disbelievingly, "You want to take a bath?" to which I responded "OOHHHHH! KAAAAYYYYYY!"

I'm in that phase of learning to take where everything comes out as a series of one-word statements. "Bunny. Ride. Car." "Bear. Swing. Whee!" "Sorry. Mess. Letters. Mommy." That last one was after my very first time-out, which happened after I dumped magnetic letters all over the floor and wouldn't help clean them up. I was told that if I didn't pick them up, I would get a time-out. I've seen Soren get lots of time-outs, so it seems like a very grown-up thing to do, and I have the proper technique memorized; I headed right for the time-out chair, sat nicely for 90 seconds, and gave the aforementioned apology. Then I did help pick up letters. It's a good thing I have a big brother to show me how to behave.

I take reading very seriously.

IMG_7122

Soren is very nice to me sometimes...

Schartner Pumpkin Express

...but sometimes I think he wants to ship me off to Abu Dhabi.

IMG_7103

He can't afford the postage, though, so I'm here to stay. And that's the end of my cutesy blog post.

Sigrid

1 comment:

Claudia Golden said...

Dear Sigrid,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us...we know how busy the daily grind of a nearly-two-years-old, can be, so we appreciate any tidbit you can spare.

When you get older (much older) "time-out's" will seem like a luxury, so enjoy them while you can....and remember, always help Mommy clean up the letters.

I Love You
Gramma