Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday Girl

Sigrid turned one on November 20th, but it's been a Birthday Gala Month full of celebration and pomp.

There was family: Chris's parents came out a few weeks ago to throw Party #1; and a whole passel of my family (my dad, stepmom, mom, sister, and brother-in-law) came for impromptu Party #2.

There were cakes: one a delicious white cake from Providence's best bakery, impeccably decorated with amazing buttercream; and one made by Ichabod House's best baker and decorated sloppily with pretty purple and black icing to try to disguise the messed-up part. But it was also delicious, if I do say so myself.

And there was the birthday girl herself, full of joy and smiles (unless I left the room or tried to cook dinner). It's been an exciting year from the start, in good ways and bad, and we're enjoying her more and more every day as she enters year number two, which frankly I hope is a lot less exciting.

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

1 comment:

Ayanna said...

Happy birthday, dining-room baby! I love the mouse ears. You know, we can get those for you wholesale...