Friday, May 29, 2009

Have I Ever Told You...

... my racy letterpress limerick? You won't get it, but I feel like showing it off anyway. There are a total of 9 letterpress/printing references, including some homophones.

A gal fair of form and of face
You should strive to impress, just in case
She may someday be led
To be tied up in bed
But her type likes the thrill of the chase.

Mainly I'm just posting this so that someone can get a good result if they Google "racy letterpress limerick".

In other news, if it were sunny and twenty degrees warmer, the weather would be perfect.

2 comments:

Claudia Golden said...

Well then......

Oh...MG said...

It also comes up if you just type in letterpress limericks. Oddly, yours is not the only entry. :)

One day while treadling her press,
A gear caught her old-fashioned dress.
As it got torn away
She was heard to say
"I got caught, but I wasn't impressed!"

others to be found at http://www.metaltype.co.uk/stories/story22.shtml