Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why Smoke Crack When You Can Knit

I bet the two habits cost about the same. I have nothing of note to report -- no current or pending hospitalizations, although I still can't hear out of my left ear -- so I figured I'd post some pictures of the stuff I've been knitting. And then you can leave comments telling me how cute it all is. I live for comments.

First: hats. I am knitting baby hats like a crazy person. I am currently working on my fourth Sweet Baby Cap, and will probably make a few more before I decide I'm bored with that pattern. It's just so cute! And stripy! And it makes Sigrid look like a spaceman (well, spacewoman)!



I also made a Bobble-Textured Hat a few months ago with some lovely merino-possum blend yarn (Australian possums, not American opossums). It finally fits Sigrid, sort of, so here's a picture.



I've also knocked out a couple sweaters... boy, it really sounds like I have too much time on my hands, doesn't it? Anyway, this one was made with the kick-ass alpaca that Amber spun and dyed herself. Talk about an awesome Christmas present. Sigrid says the sweater makes her feel super.



Finally, a moss-stitch cardigan from the supremely lovely Rowan Pipsqueaks pattern book, which is second only to Rowan Babies. Kim Hargreaves is a fantastic designer -- simple, classic sweater designs. I think I'll make a few more of this design as well to give as gifts.



Okay, now I'm going to go tell Soren to stop kicking the wall. He keeps finding new things to do in place of napping. I think I prefer it when he sings the alphabet song.

6 comments:

Miriam Goldstein said...

Sigrid looks like Magneto in her space hat!

Miriam Goldstein said...

(A really adorable much younger Magneto, of course.)

Christi said...

Thank you, Miriam! I've been trying to figure out who she looks like in that picture. You've nailed it!

Renee K said...

Very cute. I have a shower to go to on March 8th for a human being due to arrive earthside in April. If you are bored, wanna knit a boy-flavored sweater? It would be nice to go with a boring old gift certificate. I'll let the whole cake thing slide. In fact, I'd bake on for you instead.

Claudia Golden said...

Is there an intervention in your near future?


I must look to see if there are equally adorable crochet patterns...these are just too impressive!

OBTW cute baby, too!

Michelle said...

Cute, indeed : )

Wait until Soren decides that, instead of napping, he's going to take out every single toy in his room. That's a fun one.