Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Facebook is Ruining my Blogging Mojo

Hi there. It's been a while, I know. See, ever since I signed up for Facebook, I spend all my internet time-wasting time playing FB Scrabble (and Scramble, and Pathwords...), checking status updates, leaving comments on stuff, and playing more Scrabble. And so my important internet time-wasting, i.e. Anderblog, is languishing.

Meanwhile, I've also been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because I'm sick AGAIN (C. difficile this time -- if you know what it is, pity me, and if you don't, don't look it up). But The Deuce is still well and growing and getting hiccups all the time, and I think I can actually make Soren's entire Halloween costume tomorrow while he's at school, and the invitation business is picking up a little bit (although I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not, timing-wise), so things are mostly going well.

Okay, I know I have to make a costume tomorrow, but I will also commit to writing about our fun weekend with the Anderson clan (Great-Grandpa Anderson's 90th birthday party was held in Newport, so most of the family was in the neighborhood). I think I can sneak some blogging in while I wait for the hot glue to dry. I mean, it's not like everyone's sitting around with bated breath waiting for my next post, but I like to have a little blogging discipline! After all, it's probably going to be a big part of the launch of my writing career. Seems to work for other people.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can so relate. Facebook and flickr have totally replaced my need to blog AND they both take a lot less time.

Michelle said...

Scott's mom had c.diff, and it was NOT fun. We were actually living with them at the time, and she just felt so awful. You have every right in the world to feel sorry for yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon!