Sunday, September 16, 2007

Halibut: Episode I

Tonight was the first of what will prove to be many, many, many halibut dinners. It turns out that we went over to the Murphys' place for dinner -- Jim was on the same fishing charter as Chris, so he has 60 pounds of fish in HIS freezer, too -- so we didn't even get to make a dent in our own fish supply. Anyway, I think it'll be funny to have a comprehensive list of every halibut dish we end up eating until our stash is used up, so I'll post them as they happen and tag them "just for the halibut". You can thank Chris for that gut-buster. I love you, dear!

So, tonight's dinner: Baked halibut on mashed avocado with papaya slaw, served with brown rice. Very fresh and tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Chris beat me to it. I was going to say that "since you couldn't take the eagle feather, you went to Kodiak just for the halibut," but then I found it up here on this entry. sigh. there are no good puns left.

Adamooo said...

Mashed avocado with papaya slaw . . . nice to see that you're sticking with local ingredients and traditional preparation!

Mmmmmmmmmm, halibut.