Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Creative Endeavors II

Repainting the kitchen cabinets in Ichabod House isn't the only art project I've done lately -- I've finished up a few slightly more creative things over the past month or so.

First, something I made for my pal Kelsey, who was a summer intern for Audubon at the lagoon. Soren and I spent many mornings chatting with Kelsey, and over time it was revealed that she and I have some important things in common, such as video game addiction, some degree of l33tness, and a love of unicorn books. When she told me her favorite animal is the cuttlefish, I knew she needed a squid hat.



And here's a nice picture of her not being eaten by a giant squid.



(A picture of Soren in the first incarnation of the squid hat is here)

Next, a few freaking adorable little felted animals (awesome patterns by Crafty Alien):




Finally, a drawing of Leland. Not my favorite, but I'd started it in July and really wanted to finish it after we learned he was gone.



Hopefully I'll have more to show soon, although it'll probably end up being a set of forty felted bunnies and raccoons. I just can't stop making 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Leland definitely captures the "what, you talkin' to me?" attitude.

As for the hats, you could probably make a lot of money online if you called them cthulhu hats.