Monday, June 28, 2010

Soren's Rules for Cars

Soren has four Rules for Cars, or so he says; I've only heard two. But here they are:

1. The smaller, the faster.

2. Fast is a blast; no wonder it passed.

Good rules, I'd say.

We were walking on Main Street the other day, and Soren pointed to a parked car and cried, "Is that a Bentley?!?!"

A man sitting on the adjacent restaurant patio said, "How does he know that? How old is that kid?" He and his wife were very impressed (it was their car). I think Bentley owners might like being openly recognized by people who have no preconceptions about what a Bentley owner might be like.

2 comments:

Adamooo said...

When we vacationed in the Caymans in February, there was a Bentley in the parking garage of our condo building. Maybe its my preconception, but it didn't seem like the kind of condo that anyone would live year-round.

I decided that you haven't REALLY arrived, until you have a superluxury car at your Caribbean vacation property.

BTW - this is the trip that made Margot think that "vacation" was synonymous with "go to the beach", and to some degree that Grammy and Pop-Pop lived on Grand Cayman at the beach.

Claudia Golden said...

I don't hink I'd know a Bentley if it ran over me! OK maybe if it ran over me.....