Sunday, June 8, 2008

If You Live in Alaska, Go Ahead and Laugh

Okay, I admit it.... I'm full-on crazy jealous of my friends in Anchorage right now, because it is freaking gross hot here, and will continue to be so for a few days. Yesterday, on the first day of the heat wave, when it hadn't gotten hot in the house yet, I was feeling all green (ecologically-minded, not nauseated) and was like, "Oh, let's not put in the air conditioners this year. It's not that bad! The house is shaded!" But today, I'm feeling more like punishing the environment, because it started being mean to me first, so the ACs are in. Plus Soren is running a little fever, so we should probably be nice to him.

My poor little guy -- all he wants to do is sit on the couch and watch me play Mario Kart. Chris will get extra Father's Day props this year, because he's been doing things like washing the deck and fixing the bulkhead out in this heat, and I'm somehow taking care of Soren by playing video games. I'm sure it will all even out somehow as I get progressively larger this summer and suffer terribly as I carry his unborn child, but for now, Chris is the hero. Go Chris! You rock!

3 comments:

Claudia Golden said...

Heat and pregnancy DO NOT MIX! Cool washcloths on fevers do!

A little love from Momma and Gramma!

Kudos to Chris!

Megh said...

Awwww...
Hey, come visit any time- no ac required! I'm so jealous of your Mario Cart playing. For every holiday for TWO years, all I've wanted is Game Cube and Mario Cart. That's it. Hints galore, and nothing!

Anonymous said...

I will gladly revel in your jealousy because summer here right now is fairly wet, gloomy and miserable. I will now be grateful that I don't even know what AC is.